how to insert sound in opensim

tasos papa
Hello!
My name is Anastasis and im new user of opensim.I have some troubles.I created an object and  when i click on it i want to play a recorded sound. I used llSoundPlay but it didnt work.
Can enyone help me with this?
thanks in advance!

Re: how to insert sound in opensim

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
May i ASK which viewer you are using ? Some viewers in deed have Problems .. I am sure i can help

Best regards
Wordfromthe the Wise

Am 11.06.2010 um 10:59 schrieb Chris Kennedy <[hidden email]>:

try llTriggerSound instead... I have problems getting llPlaySound to work as well.

On 6/11/2010 3:04 AM, tasos papa wrote:
Hello!
My name is Anastasis and im new user of opensim.I have some troubles.I created an object and  when i click on it i want to play a recorded sound. I used llSoundPlay but it didnt work.
Can enyone help me with this?
thanks in advance!

Re: how to insert sound in opensim

tasos papa
Can u give me an example with code  and the parameters.Im using hippo viewer

Re: how to insert sound in opensim

Opensimfan
hi,

for hippo (and other viewers) you have to set "Rating" in general tab to "PG, Mature, Adult" or else sound will be blocked.

hope this helps...

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: how to insert sound in opensim

Master_Mirage
DutchGlory wrote
hi,

for hippo (and other viewers) you have to set "Rating" in general tab to "PG, Mature, Adult" or else sound will be blocked.

hope this helps...
Cool, but i thought that was just an SL thing because OS doesnt enforce ratings that i have seen.
so is that like a sound has a rating?

Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

Re: how to insert sound in opensim

Robert Klein
The only solid performance I have is using Hippo Viewer 0.5.1 otherwise it is a real gamble on sound working correctly.

Re: how to insert sound in opensim

Opensimfan
whell the rating affect the "llsoundplay" (and other commands that play or trigger sound-clips) command in scripts.

you can try this out.
-Put rating on "Pg only" try to play a sound.
-then put rating on "PG, Mature, Adult" an try to play a sound. see there's any difference.

And sound-clips have to be the right media type "PCM WAV format, 16-bit, 44.1kHz, mono" maximum 10 Seconds.

but first make sure the latest version of Quicktime is installed...