https ssl handshake fails on MOAP

Serendipity Seraph-2
This seems to be true on every opensim location I have tried.  Is it fixable?  Is there something an non-internals user can tweak to work around this?  Not having it means I can't access many sites I care about.  Especially my safari.oreilly.com large bookcase in world.   I imagine it is an issue for many educators particularly.

Re: https ssl handshake fails on MOAP

Melanie
In order for https to work, you need to use the mono tool
"mozroots". Mono ships without any root certificates installed and
can therefore not verify any ssl connection out of the box.

Melanie

On 06/01/2015 22:23, Serendipity Seraph wrote:

> This seems to be true on every opensim location I have tried.  Is it
> fixable?  Is there something an non-internals user can tweak to work around
> this?  Not having it means I can't access many sites I care about.
> Especially my safari.oreilly.com large bookcase in world.   I imagine it is
> an issue for many educators particularly.

Re: https ssl handshake fails on MOAP

Melanie
On second thought, I'm not entirely sure that this would affect
MOAP, but it's a good idea to do it anyway.

Melanie

On 06/01/2015 23:08, Melanie wrote:

> In order for https to work, you need to use the mono tool
> "mozroots". Mono ships without any root certificates installed and
> can therefore not verify any ssl connection out of the box.
>
> Melanie
>
> On 06/01/2015 22:23, Serendipity Seraph wrote:
>> This seems to be true on every opensim location I have tried.  Is it
>> fixable?  Is there something an non-internals user can tweak to work around
>> this?  Not having it means I can't access many sites I care about.
>> Especially my safari.oreilly.com large bookcase in world.   I imagine it is
>> an issue for many educators particularly.

Re: https ssl handshake fails on MOAP

Mike Chase
I would think this is a client issue.  Does it work if you access one
from SL?  The Webkit based viewer in the client is the one actually
opening the connection...

Mike

On 1/6/15 5:10 PM, Melanie wrote:

> On second thought, I'm not entirely sure that this would affect
> MOAP, but it's a good idea to do it anyway.
>
> Melanie
>
> On 06/01/2015 23:08, Melanie wrote:
>> In order for https to work, you need to use the mono tool
>> "mozroots". Mono ships without any root certificates installed and
>> can therefore not verify any ssl connection out of the box.
>>
>> Melanie
>>
>> On 06/01/2015 22:23, Serendipity Seraph wrote:
>>> This seems to be true on every opensim location I have tried.  Is it
>>> fixable?  Is there something an non-internals user can tweak to work around
>>> this?  Not having it means I can't access many sites I care about.
>>> Especially my safari.oreilly.com large bookcase in world.   I imagine it is
>>> an issue for many educators particularly.

Re: https ssl handshake fails on MOAP

justincc
This is almost certainly a client/viewer issue - once the viewer knows the MOAP url it interacts with it directly, not
via the server.

On 06/01/15 22:13, Mike Chase wrote:

> I would think this is a client issue.  Does it work if you access one from SL?  The Webkit based viewer in the client is
> the one actually opening the connection...
>
> Mike
>
> On 1/6/15 5:10 PM, Melanie wrote:
>> On second thought, I'm not entirely sure that this would affect
>> MOAP, but it's a good idea to do it anyway.
>>
>> Melanie
>>
>> On 06/01/2015 23:08, Melanie wrote:
>>> In order for https to work, you need to use the mono tool
>>> "mozroots". Mono ships without any root certificates installed and
>>> can therefore not verify any ssl connection out of the box.
>>>
>>> Melanie

OSVW Consulting

Re: https ssl handshake fails on MOAP

James Hughes
That is your client,

Recent viewers have webkit updates which fix the issue. Or at least on
Linux.

-BlueWall

On Tue, 2015-01-06 at 13:23 -0800, Serendipity Seraph wrote:

> This seems to be true on every opensim location I have tried.  Is it
> fixable?  Is there something an non-internals user can tweak to work
> around this?  Not having it means I can't access many sites I care
> about.  Especially my safari.oreilly.com large bookcase in world.   I
> imagine it is an issue for many educators particularly.

Re: https ssl handshake fails on MOAP

Serendipity Seraph-2
It broke from SL to.  I will make sure to test Firestorm as well as my Singularity default when I get home.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 4:18 PM, James Hughes <[hidden email]> wrote:
That is your client,

Recent viewers have webkit updates which fix the issue. Or at least on
Linux.

-BlueWall

On Tue, 2015-01-06 at 13:23 -0800, Serendipity Seraph wrote:
> This seems to be true on every opensim location I have tried.  Is it
> fixable?  Is there something an non-internals user can tweak to work
> around this?  Not having it means I can't access many sites I care
> about.  Especially my safari.oreilly.com large bookcase in world.   I
> imagine it is an issue for many educators particularly.

Re: https ssl handshake fails on MOAP

Serendipity Seraph-2
And rev my viewers. :)  Thanks all.