ldap, installer

sered secondlife
Good afternoon,

I'm wondering, are there any plans to provide LDAP support (either
generic LDAP or the Microsoft flavor, Active Directory) within OpenSim?
This could might make it easier to work with OpenSim in corporate
environments.

A second question. A while ago I did a quick OpenSim install on an old
Windows PC, using the 0.6.6. Windows installer (Post-fixes version
r9993) off forge.opensimulator.org. I have to say I was quite impressed
with the ease of setting that one up. Are there plans to do these again
for later releases?

Thanks all!

Sered
http://sered-sl.blogspot.com

Re: ldap, installer

Frisby, Adam
Ask John Hurliman about LDAP, he's got it working apparently internally at Intel.

Adam

Re: ldap, installer

Olli Aro
Administrator
We have done a Shibboleth integration in the past and the way we did this
was to have the authentication on the web page and then enable web login to
OpenSim. While we have not had a client sponsoring a similar project for
LDAP authentication yet, I would expect that it could be realised very
easily using a similar approach.

Regards,

Olli

Re: ldap, installer

Mic Bowman
We just use an LDAP <--> OpenID bridge and use the OpenID code from Cable Beach. Works great.

--mic

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Frisby, Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ask John Hurliman about LDAP, he's got it working apparently internally at Intel.

Adam

Re: ldap, installer

Robert Klein
I am really interested in using LDAP within my company firewall for my standalone. You all have mentioned this can/has been done but are there any actual instructions for doing it? We were able to use LDAP on our internal Wiki site. Is it the same method? The OpenSim and Wiki servers are both running Linux Ubuntu.

-Robert

Mic Bowman wrote