list subscription question Attn: list mod

list subscription question Attn: list mod

Cider Jack
I don't seem to receive copies of emails I send to the list, despite
the fact that on the lists.berlios.de website options "Receive your
own posts to the list?" has been set to "Yes" since the beginning. Is
there something else I need to do?

Unless there is a reply, I never know if my emails actually make it on
the list. (I have now set "Receive acknowledgement mail when you send
mail to the list?" to "Yes" as well, which seems a bit redundant, but
at least now I'll know if this made it.)

Cheers,

Re: list subscription question Attn: list mod

InuYasha Meiji
Juat ao you know, I seem to be getting them.

Your Friend,

InuYasha.

On 5/9/2013 10:15 PM, Cider Jack wrote:

> I don't seem to receive copies of emails I send to the list, despite
> the fact that on the lists.berlios.de website options "Receive your
> own posts to the list?" has been set to "Yes" since the beginning. Is
> there something else I need to do?
>
> Unless there is a reply, I never know if my emails actually make it on
> the list. (I have now set "Receive acknowledgement mail when you send
> mail to the list?" to "Yes" as well, which seems a bit redundant, but
> at least now I'll know if this made it.)
>
> Cheers,

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).

Re: list subscription question Attn: list mod

R.Gunther
Yes it seems that reguklair you dont sent a copy to yourself.
But most times you get the confirmation that its sent from the list.

On 2013-05-10 04:15, Cider Jack wrote:

> I don't seem to receive copies of emails I send to the list, despite
> the fact that on the lists.berlios.de website options "Receive your
> own posts to the list?" has been set to "Yes" since the beginning. Is
> there something else I need to do?
>
> Unless there is a reply, I never know if my emails actually make it on
> the list. (I have now set "Receive acknowledgement mail when you send
> mail to the list?" to "Yes" as well, which seems a bit redundant, but
> at least now I'll know if this made it.)
>
> Cheers,

Re: list subscription question Attn: list mod

gmail deliberately filters these [1]

[1] https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6588?hl=en&rd=1

On 10/05/13 03:15, Cider Jack wrote:

> I don't seem to receive copies of emails I send to the list, despite
> the fact that on the lists.berlios.de website options "Receive your
> own posts to the list?" has been set to "Yes" since the beginning. Is
> there something else I need to do?
>
> Unless there is a reply, I never know if my emails actually make it on
> the list. (I have now set "Receive acknowledgement mail when you send
> mail to the list?" to "Yes" as well, which seems a bit redundant, but
> at least now I'll know if this made it.)
>
> Cheers,
> .

OSVW Consulting

Re: list subscription question Attn: list mod

Kim Minuet
Why does this sound so much to me like a bug that Google are attempting to disguise as a feature???

Sent from Windows Mail

> I don't seem to receive copies of emails I send to the list, despite
> the fact that on the lists.berlios.de website options "Receive your
> own posts to the list?" has been set to "Yes" since the beginning. Is
> there something else I need to do?
>
> Unless there is a reply, I never know if my emails actually make it on
> the list. (I have now set "Receive acknowledgement mail when you send
> mail to the list?" to "Yes" as well, which seems a bit redundant, but
> at least now I'll know if this made it.)
>
> Cheers,
> .

OSVW Consulting

Re: list subscription question Attn: list mod

Cider Jack
I'm with you Kim, it's not terribly intuitive nor in the least bit
helpful. After all, finding it in 'Sent Mail' doesn't mean that the
list server has actually received & forwarded it.

I've been considering moving this list subscription to a new account
that I check more regularly and this is just one more incentive to do
so. I suppose that until then I shall just use the receipt
acknowledgement setting enabled.

Anyway, that explains it. Thanks for the link, Justin!