llDetectedLinkNumber() help

Kevin Buckley

Can anyone confirm that llDetectedLinkNumber works OK in an Opensim script?

I have a script which rezzes a panel (llRezObject), links the panel to itself keeping self as root (llCreateLink) and then needs to receive touch_end events from the child (the child panel does NOT have a touch_end handler – so it should do this without needing to call llPassTouches – although I have tried that and it doesn’t seem to work either).

Touches to the child panels DO trigger a touch_end(integer num) event in the parent, but llDetectedLinkNumber(num) returns 0 (ie root).

Thanks, Kevin