llRotLookAt() anytime soon?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

llRotLookAt() anytime soon?

Kevin Buckley

Does anyone know where is the right place (or who is the correct person to ask) to find out if/when an LSL function is likely to be implemented in Opensim (specifically, llRotLookAt() in this case)?

 

I can see it is not implemented at the moment (and it throws an exception if I try to use it) but there doesn’t seem to be anywhere which discusses a plan … (lol).

 

Regards, Kevin




_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: llRotLookAt() anytime soon?

justincc
Kevin Buckley wrote:
> Does anyone know where is the right place (or who is the correct person
> to ask) to find out if/when an LSL function is likely to be implemented
> in Opensim (specifically, llRotLookAt() in this case)?
>
>  
>
> I can see it is not implemented at the moment (and it throws an
> exception if I try to use it) but there doesn’t seem to be anywhere
> which discusses a plan … (lol).

There's no grand plan for ll function implementation, it happens when someone
contributes the patch :)

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: llRotLookAt() anytime soon?

Kevin Buckley
Actually I'm more interested in fixing llBreakLink() which I believe has a
couple of bugs (see mantis: 0004404).  I had a quick look at the code but
without a lot of underlying information about how Opensim is put together I
couldn't be certain of how to fix it.  If you could recommend one piece of
documentation (hahaha) which would help a maybe wanabe patch contributor get
up to speed, what would it be? - Regards, Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Justin
Clark-Casey
Sent: 01 December 2009 14:34
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] llRotLookAt() anytime soon?


Kevin Buckley wrote:
> Does anyone know where is the right place (or who is the correct person
> to ask) to find out if/when an LSL function is likely to be implemented
> in Opensim (specifically, llRotLookAt() in this case)?
>
>  
>
> I can see it is not implemented at the moment (and it throws an
> exception if I try to use it) but there doesn't seem to be anywhere
> which discusses a plan . (lol).

There's no grand plan for ll function implementation, it happens when
someone
contributes the patch :)

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users





_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: llRotLookAt() anytime soon?

justincc
Kevin Buckley wrote:
> Actually I'm more interested in fixing llBreakLink() which I believe has a
> couple of bugs (see mantis: 0004404).  I had a quick look at the code but
> without a lot of underlying information about how Opensim is put together I
> couldn't be certain of how to fix it.  If you could recommend one piece of
> documentation (hahaha) which would help a maybe wanabe patch contributor get
> up to speed, what would it be? - Regards, Kevin

Yeah you're right, unfortunately I don't remember ever seeing (or writing) any
documentation on linking.

The nearest thing may be to read the unit tests in
Scenes/Tests/SceneObjectLinkingTests.cs in the OpenSim.Region.Framework.Tests
project.  This might give you some sense of how linking/delinking is actually
done at the logical layer (as opposed to the viewer or scripting layer).
However, I'm not sure if the tests are extensive enough to help much.

>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Justin
> Clark-Casey
> Sent: 01 December 2009 14:34
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] llRotLookAt() anytime soon?
>
>
> Kevin Buckley wrote:
>> Does anyone know where is the right place (or who is the correct person
>> to ask) to find out if/when an LSL function is likely to be implemented
>> in Opensim (specifically, llRotLookAt() in this case)?
>>
>>  
>>
>> I can see it is not implemented at the moment (and it throws an
>> exception if I try to use it) but there doesn't seem to be anywhere
>> which discusses a plan . (lol).
>
> There's no grand plan for ll function implementation, it happens when
> someone
> contributes the patch :)
>


--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users