megaregions

andrew johnson-3
so did you see my e-mail regarding about megaregions = i was wondering what i need to make this work because there no infomation how to create megaregions
thanks

Re: megaregions

Dave Coyle-2
On Wednesday 09 September 2009 01:45:29 pm andrew johnson wrote:
> so did you see my e-mail regarding about megaregions = i was wondering what
> i need to make this work because there no infomation how to create
> megaregions thanks

There likely is no documentation; it's still a very highly experimental
feature.  Documentation on how to set up megaregions, and their limitations,
will likely come with time as the work on that functionality continues.

-coyled

Re: megaregions

andrew johnson-3
ahhh thanks - i hope soon

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:50:01 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] megaregions
>
> On Wednesday 09 September 2009 01:45:29 pm andrew johnson wrote:
> > so did you see my e-mail regarding about megaregions = i was wondering what
> > i need to make this work because there no infomation how to create
> > megaregions thanks
>
> There likely is no documentation; it's still a very highly experimental
> feature. Documentation on how to set up megaregions, and their limitations,
> will likely come with time as the work on that functionality continues.
>
> -coyled

New! Receive and respond to mail from other email accounts from within Hotmail Find out how.

Re: megaregions

andrew johnson-3
ahhh thanks - i hope soon

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:50:01 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] megaregions
>
> On Wednesday 09 September 2009 01:45:29 pm andrew johnson wrote:
> > so did you see my e-mail regarding about megaregions = i was wondering what
> > i need to make this work because there no infomation how to create
> > megaregions thanks
>
> There likely is no documentation; it's still a very highly experimental
> feature. Documentation on how to set up megaregions, and their limitations,
> will likely come with time as the work on that functionality continues.
>
> -coyled

New! Receive and respond to mail from other email accounts from within Hotmail Find out how.

Re: megaregions

Ale Fernandez
I've seen a video on youtube about it. Wait, a google: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zftuoMO_R1U And there's been some discussion about it on #opensim. Maybe if you hang out on IRC and ask, someone might explain. I'm still stuck trying to get even older versions to work in a stable way, so I guess I'll have to wait...

Ale

2009/9/9 andrew johnson <[hidden email]>
ahhh thanks - i hope soon

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:50:01 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] megaregions

> On Wednesday 09 September 2009 01:45:29 pm andrew johnson wrote:
> > so did you see my e-mail regarding about megaregions = i was wondering what
> > i need to make this work because there no infomation how to create
> > megaregions thanks
>
> There likely is no documentation; it's still a very highly experimental
> feature. Documentation on how to set up megaregions, and their limitations,
> will likely come with time as the work on that functionality continues.
>
> -coyled

New! Receive and respond to mail from other email accounts from within Hotmail Find out how.

~The Cycle of the formation and disintegration http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~cmadf/
  of the universe influences the formation and disintegration
of nature, which in turn is closely related with human life" - Yasuji Kimikura

Re: megaregions

andrew johnson-3
i asked help at IRC yesterday so today i did try create megaregion but something didn't happen
here i asked today and no one was answered my problem

[19:48] <rsdworker> i have problem - i created 4 regions - to merge in megaregion
[19:49] <rsdworker> but after restarting exe - the regions still 4 so what i missed?
[19:51] <rsdworker> yesterday developer told me what do

i did place the  CombineContiguousRegions=true in startup in opensim ini and nothing happens - the regions - called test1 and test2 and test3 and test4 was still there - what i need do to make work?
thanks

Add other email accounts to Hotmail in 3 easy steps. Find out how.

Re: megaregions

Teravus Ovares
You need to make the regions start in a specific order
South to North, West to East.
Order them differently in Regions.ini or name the files in alphabetical order if you are using .xml files still

It only works on the most recent development, bleeding edge, versions of OpenSimulator in the Git repository or the SVN mirror.   There are no release downloads that you can download yet with this feature in.

Regards

Teravus