mono *.exe crashes if screen is smaller than created...

mono *.exe crashes if screen is smaller than created...

Sean Hennessee
Has anyone else seen a problem with screen crashing any of the services
or region servers? This is the scenario that I am seeing on Centos5:

1) In a terminal, ssh to your server.
2) Create a screen using the screen command.
3) Start any of the services in the screen.
4) Disconnect from the screen, (cntl-A, D).
5) Make your terminal smaller than it was.
6) Reconnect to your screen, (screen -x or screen -r -d).
7) Type anything into the service/screen.
8) It crashes back to prompt leaving the screen going, but the service
crashed.

I am thinking that maybe there is a bug in the OpenSim console code that
can't handle a smaller terminal size that way. If anyone can reproduce
this, I'll create a Mantis, unless it's already been reported.

Peace,
Sean
--

Sean Hennessee
UC Irvine

... . .- -. /  .... . -. -. . ... ... . .

Re: mono *.exe crashes if screen is smaller than created...

Sean Hennessee
Note added to existing Mantis noting that adding "-gui=true" does not
fix the problem when the screen size has been reduced between screen
connections. I am using OpenSim release 9960, on CentOS 5, Mono JIT
compiler version 2.4.

Is there a simple, very basic, text only console that doesn't attempt to
position the cursor to non-existing locations in the terminal?

We have different people connecting to 'screen', (at different times),
from different computers to upload oars/xmls, which is why the terminal
size changes between screen attachments.

Peace,
Sean

--

Sean Hennessee