new grid services

Diva Canto
Hi,

Just a note to let you know that as of this afternoon (r10869), the
simulator has been switched to interact with the new-style grid service.

People running standalones don't need to do anything about this.

People running grid servers should now run the grid service inside a
ROBUST server shell. Please see:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/ROBUST
and in particular
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/ROBUST#An_Example_Conversion_From_UGRM_To_URM

Cheers,
Diva / Crista

log4net configuraution file name

Karen_Palen
Hi,

I am trying to set up a log4net XML config file along the lines of the one in http://lib.openmetaverse.org/wiki/Set_up_custom_logging however I can't find out how to set the filename for the XML file!

-logfile does not seem to work, is there a default file?

Is TestClient different somehow?

Karen

Re: log4net configuraution file name

Mikko Pallari-3

The log config file is OpenSim.exe.config or OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe.config if you are running the OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe. Every executable has their own log4net configurations.

The -logfile option doesn't specify the configuration file, but it specifies the file to which save the log.

Cheers,
Mikko

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:26 AM, Karen Palen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to set up a log4net XML config file along the lines of the one in http://lib.openmetaverse.org/wiki/Set_up_custom_logging however I can't find out how to set the filename for the XML file!

-logfile does not seem to work, is there a default file?

Is TestClient different somehow?

Karen

Re: log4net configuraution file name

Karen_Palen
Ah thank you, that works!

I will update the wiki!

Now my only problem is that it doesn't seem to be writing anything to the log file.

> The log config file is OpenSim.exe.config
> or OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe.config if you are running
> the OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe. Every executable has their
> own log4net configurations.
>
> The -logfile option doesn't specify the
> configuration file, but it specifies the file to which
> save the log.
> Cheers,Mikko
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:26 AM,
> Karen Palen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to set up a log4net XML config file along the
> lines of the one in http://lib.openmetaverse.org/wiki/Set_up_custom_logging
> however I can't find out how to set the filename for the
> XML file!
>

> -logfile does not seem to work, is there a default file?
>

> Is TestClient different somehow?
>

> Karen

> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: log4net configuraution file name

Ai Austin
At 10:07 29/09/2009, Karen Palen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>I am trying to set up a log4net XML config file along the lines of
>the one in http://lib.openmetaverse.org/wiki/Set_up_custom_logging
>however I can't find out how to set the filename for the XML file!
>
>-logfile does not seem to work, is there a default file?

I am also having real problems with this.. With 0.6.6 last stable
release (svn 9993) and converted to UGRM services on my Grid setup, I
lost the logging for Opensim.exe which used to go to
Opensim.log.  Now the R services (maybe just the I ones) grab logging
to Opensim.log and stop Opensim.exe writing there.  When I stop the R
(AI) services, the logging restarts immediately.

Melanie tried to help me work my way through the layers of
configuration files and -logfile command lines options to fix this,
but definitely none of the settings worked to allow fro the R(AI)
services to log to their own conf file.  they stubbornly continued to
write to Opensim.log.

Now, it may be that this is all fixed in the later developer
versions, but just in case I reported the problem via Mantis - I had
to note it as a 0.6.5 problem since 0.6.6 was not available there as
a version to report problems with by the way).