new hosting provider for opensim and realxtend

new hosting provider for opensim and realxtend

JaniP
Happy to announce from my behalf:

Profits go to platform development!

Best regards,
Jani

Re: [realXtend] new hosting provider for opensim and realxtend

David Simmons-2
I like the ideal, especially supporting the development of the platform, but probably won't be able to get a sim until after the New Year.
How much more to be on bleeding edge?

"For a little bit extra per month, we have a premium plan that includes 4 regions, the option to use modular realxtend (modrex - not compatible with some other features, just ask us.) and the option for us to run versions that aren't quite properly tested yet (they require more support on our behalf, hence the higher rate.) - such as megaregions and other more experimental features (we'll need to talk with you about risks first though.)"

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Jani Pirkola <[hidden email]> wrote:
Happy to announce from my behalf:

Profits go to platform development!

Best regards,
Jani

Re: [realXtend] new hosting provider for opensim and realxtend

James Stallings II
David,

Point your preferred web client at http://simhost.com and have a look - I think you'll find all of our packages to be aggressively priced for the performance and services delivered :)

Let me know if you have any additional unanswered questions.

Cheers!

Best Regards,
James aka Hiro Protagonist

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 5:42 PM, David Simmons <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Karen_Palen
I like your service, however it is overkill for my needs right now.

I am still in the experimental stage where I will have at most 2 or 3 actual live users plus a lot of experimental (pre-alpha) software! The kind of thing that can drive a support team wild!

My need is for an essentially unsupported VPS where your operators "push the reset button" on request (whenever I REALLY hose things up!) and that reloads a Linux/Ubuntu OS plus my files.

This is an intermediate step from running on my home system, but not yet to the point of having "public" visitors.

So far the best solution I have found is: http://www.fsckvps.com/hosting

Can anyone suggest an alternative - cheaper is better at this stage of development! I anticipate at least 6-9 months of this phase BTW.