(no subject)

Quan Wei
Hello, I am interested in using Opensim to create an educational application and wonder if I can integrate several digital animated characters (virtual humans) into the application, not just one avatar representing a user. These characters will be built in and controlled by the system designer. Thanks.
best,
yanghee

HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.

Re: (no subject)

Teravus Ovares
There is a NPC avatar that you can make use of or build from.  It's at
OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.NPC.NPCAvatar

For information on how to make use of it, you can look in
OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.NPC.NPCModule.

There's also some new-ish os scripting commands to make use of the NPC
avatar..   but for something more advanced then a character that just
walks around and talks, you will probably want to build on the
NPCAvatar.

Best Regards

Teravus

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Quan Wei<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I am interested in using Opensim to create an educational application
> and wonder if I can integrate several digital animated characters (virtual
> humans) into the application, not just one avatar representing a user. These
> characters will be built in and controlled by the system designer. Thanks.
> best,
> yanghee

Re: (no subject)

Paul Fishwick
You can try using libomv. Here is an application:

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Building_a_bot

Regarding NPCAvatar, I am unaware of any instructions or tutorials on how
to use it.

-p

Quan Wei wrote:

> Hello, I am interested in using Opensim to create an educational
> application and wonder if I can integrate several digital animated
> characters (virtual humans) into the application, not just one avatar
> representing a user. These characters will be built in and controlled
> by the system designer. Thanks.
> best,
> yanghee

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
University of Florida
Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
Bldg. CSE, Room 301
P.O. Box 116120
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]