opensim osx (10.5) binary hangs on startup

opensim osx (10.5) binary hangs on startup

Isaac Wagner-Muns
i'm currently trying to install and run opensim on mac os 10.5. i
downloaded the OpenSimulator-0.6.6-post-fixes-r9993.dmg, assuming the
binary install would work. opensim installed properly, however,
whenever i try launching opensim, it hangs after it attempts to
initialize the addin manager. any help would be greatly appreciated,
as i'm probably just making a dumb mistake.

thanks,
Isaac

There are revolutions that are sweeping the world and we in America
have been in a position of trying to stop them.  With all the wealth of
America, with all of the military strength of America, those
revolutions are revolutions against a form of political and economic
organization in the countries of Asia and the Middle East that are
oppressive.  They are revolutions against feudalism.  [1952]
                 -- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Re: opensim osx (10.5) binary hangs on startup

Dave Coyle-2
On 2009-11-10 16:28:20 -0500, [hidden email] wrote:
> i'm currently trying to install and run opensim on mac os 10.5. i
> downloaded the OpenSimulator-0.6.6-post-fixes-r9993.dmg, assuming the
> binary install would work. opensim installed properly, however,
> whenever i try launching opensim, it hangs after it attempts to
> initialize the addin manager.

Endian issues?  Are you taking binaries built on x86 (e.g. a MacBook
Pro) and running them on a Mac with a PPC proc (e.g. a PowerBook G4)?
Or vise versa?

(Admittedly I'm just making a complete guess... I've never run OpenSim
on a Mac)

-coyled

Re: opensim osx (10.5) binary hangs on startup

Isaac Wagner-Muns
i'm running it on an intel, and i believe the binary was compiled for
intel, so i don't believe it's that, when i tried compiling it myself
and starting that version up it wouldn't even initialise any addin
manager, but on the other hand, i haven't gotten that version to work
either.

On Nov 12, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Dave Coyle wrote:

> On 2009-11-10 16:28:20 -0500, [hidden email] wrote:
>> i'm currently trying to install and run opensim on mac os 10.5. i
>> downloaded the OpenSimulator-0.6.6-post-fixes-r9993.dmg, assuming the
>> binary install would work. opensim installed properly, however,
>> whenever i try launching opensim, it hangs after it attempts to
>> initialize the addin manager.
>

> Endian issues?  Are you taking binaries built on x86 (e.g. a MacBook
> Pro) and running them on a Mac with a PPC proc (e.g. a PowerBook G4)?
> Or vise versa?
>
> (Admittedly I'm just making a complete guess... I've never run OpenSim
> on a Mac)
>
> -coyled

Isaac Wagner-Muns

Peace, n.:
         In international affairs, a period of cheating between two
periods of fighting.