opensource language

oztrout63
Hello ... Just thinking here ...
The scripts we use for opensims worlds are open source ...
Why is it that we are following the secondlife  scripting language ?
Can we make it different ... ?
It looks like to me that we are following secondlife here but if we can change it , hmmm that is a first ...
Is there a away... ?
There should be  ...
Think on it ...
--
Most computer problems are located between keyboard and chair .... B-)

Re: opensource language

Kim Minuet
Well we already have a lot of OS specific functions ... but if you're talking new language constructs or new events ... bring it on :)

Kim

Re: opensource language

hack13
You can if you world is regulated well enough turn on direct C# scripting so you can code pure C# in world, but be very careful if your region has public access with scripting because then that opens you to a lot of possible attacks.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 00:24:38 +1100

Hello ... Just thinking here ...
The scripts we use for opensims worlds are open source ...
Why is it that we are following the secondlife  scripting language ?
Can we make it different ... ?
It looks like to me that we are following secondlife here but if we can change it , hmmm that is a first ...
Is there a away... ?
There should be  ...
Think on it ...
--
Most computer problems are located between keyboard and chair .... <face-cool.png>

Re: opensource language

BoneZ
Hello,

I agree with comments/reasons concerning keeping the LSL language and like very much the options we currently have with c#, OS functions, etc.
I believe doing it this way has allowed flexibility to the platform and keeps open the possibility to extend it further in the future with any other language which may prove useful.