post from dev-mailing list: badumnasim

Ralf Haifisch
Heho,

Thanks Adam and Gustovo for first infos.

I moved this from dev to users to collect the audience for testing, see
later.

This post should not address security issues - maby open another thread.  I
would suggest to wait until we have some more results and maybe spoken to
the badumna people.   :-)

the link is http://www.badumna.com/badumna/badumnasim.html

.Net 3.5 SP1 is needed.

since it is a client load balancer - it use a proxy.

All scenarios of proxyserver only make sense if several people are accessing
the same target (think of suid , isa or any web proxy you maybe have @work).

If we want to test drive it, we should do a test scenario with some people.

Preparing the server holding opensim with network statistics , e.g. nagios.

Have a region where no one else is around - but enough content.

Run 1, native

Run 2, with badumnasim

Clear cache of all before each run.

Looks interesting to me - so I would like to run a test at the next weekend
if I get some people. (I will prepapre a server)

If you are interested, download and install badumnasim and better email me
directly since I am on business travel next days.   Ralf (at)
ralf-haifisch.biz

Cheers,
Ralf

Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:14:24 -0400
From: "Frisby, Adam" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] BadumnaSim
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

I'd say you probably need a better sample size. 36/37 packets isn't
conclusive. Try 2000+.

Adam