problem logging in grid

andrew johnson-3

hey - my friend setup the sim and he added accouct and he checked the login is working so he tested on his side and its worked fine
so when i tried to log in to his sim - its sends me back to log in screen with error message - what is wrong?

the error message: unable to connect - our best efforts something has gone wrong

so i talked to him finding what was wrong - he tested everything - nothing wrong

what could be causing the problem?

installing problem

Jeremiah Spence
hi,

i am trying to install opensim on my server which happens to be on an
AMD64 chipset.

after going through the procedure.  making sure mono was the right
version, etc., etc. - I typed: root@vw:~/opensim-0.6.6-release#
./runprebuild.sh

and received a series of editors:

TYPE: 7
V: ves_icall_System_Threading_Thread_ResetAbort
**
ERROR:mini-amd64.c:199:amd64_patch: assertion failed: (amd64_is_imm32
(disp))
Stacktrace:

Native stacktrace:

        mono [0x429e65]
        /lib/libpthread.so.0 [0x7ffb286c5080]
        /lib/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x35) [0x7ffb280f1fb5]
        /lib/libc.so.6(abort+0x183) [0x7ffb280f3bc3]
        /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_assertion_message+0x113) [0x7ffb28d3e4f3]
        /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 [0x7ffb28d3ea82]
        mono [0x437e98]
        mono [0x540b9c]
        mono [0x566640]
        mono [0x5679f1]
        mono [0x56812e]
        mono [0x4bd42f]
        mono(mono_runtime_init+0x14f) [0x4c05af]
        mono [0x53cf3c]
        mono(mono_main+0x311) [0x417831]
        /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe6) [0x7ffb280dd5a6]
        mono [0x416ef9]

Debug info from gdb:

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

Re: problem logging in grid

Timmy.Stewart
Could be a number of things, first thing I would do is have your freind
watch the server consol when you try to log in, to make sure your accessing
his server. That is the general error received when the veiwer is not
connecting to the server. could be wrong address or port, or a firewall on
his side,.....

[hidden email]

Re: problem logging in grid

riebling
Re: [Opensim-users] problem logging in grid

> what could be causing the problem?

The symptoms described sound like the exact situation I see when
the OpenSim Region(s) files have "external_host_name" configured
to a domain name that may not be resolving, or an incorrect
IP address.  These symptoms include:

 1.  Person running the sim can connect (from localhost)
 2.  Sim console sees some activity when remote user tries to connect
 3.  Remote user sees some activity when trying to connect
 3.  Remote user gets the errors you mentioned

The fix (for me) was to put the IP address of the sim host in the
"external_host_name" in Regions/region-name.xml - this even allows
outside clients to connect by specifying the domain name, not the
IP address, but for the highest chance of success, using IP doesn't
hurt.  (specified on the command line that starts the viewer after
"-loginuri") for example:

  "C:\Program Files\Meerkat\Meerkat.exe" -loginuri 128.2.10.8:9000

Where the sim's host IP is 128.2.10.8, and it's Regions/region-name.xml
contains something like:

  external_host_name="128.2.10.8"

Of course this might not be YOUR problem, but it is one possibility.