quick question: mega-region standalone external port

quick question: mega-region standalone external port

Opensimfan

quick question:  I've setup a mega-region standalone, for external port i can use "SYSTEMIP" right?
viewer keeps hanging on "waiting for region handshake..."  for one region setup there's no problem....

André
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: quick question: mega-region standalone external port

Teravus Ovares
Sounds like you may need to adjust your firewall/port forwarding ports
to allow the additional UDP ports for the other regions to function.
   MegaRegions use more then the single port that the one region uses,
for which ports to allow, check the /bin/regions.ini    This is just
my guess based on the information that you gave.

Best Regards

Teravus

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM, OpenSimFan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> quick question:  I've setup a mega-region standalone, for external port i
> can use "SYSTEMIP" right?
> viewer keeps hanging on "waiting for region handshake..."  for one region
> setup there's no problem....
>

> André
>

> -----
> OpenSimFan
> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help  windows, Mac, Linux)
> http://verwijs-pc.nl
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

Re: quick question: mega-region standalone external port

Opensimfan
This post was updated on .
sorry :( i found it i forgot to set internal IP to 0.0.0.0   :)

thanks for reply
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: quick question: mega-region standalone external port

Serendipity Seraph-2
Did the same thing once upon a time.  If it is a standalone that you don't need to access off the machine then change that to localhost or 127.0.0.1.  If you need it on the same subnet then use your IPV4 address of the machine.  If you want it on the net at large then it has to be a real externally reachable DNS name like myexample.com.

On Oct 17, 2013, at 12:17 PM, OpenSimFan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> quick question:  I've setup a mega-region standalone, for external port i
> can use "SYSTEMIP" right?
> viewer keeps hanging on "waiting for region handshake..."  for one region
> setup there's no problem....
>

> André
>

> -----
> OpenSimFan
> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help  windows, Mac, Linux)
> http://verwijs-pc.nl
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

Re: quick question: mega-region standalone external port

Serendipity Seraph-2
Yeah. That works.  Basically you said you will accept a connection from the machine of whatever type on the port your region is on.

On Oct 17, 2013, at 12:40 PM, OpenSimFan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> sorry :( i found it i for got to set internal IP to 0.0.0.0   :)
>

> thanks for reply
>

> -----
> OpenSimFan
> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help  windows, Mac, Linux)
> http://verwijs-pc.nl
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

Re: quick question: mega-region standalone external port

Opensimfan
yes  thank you for reply ....
only for online grid still looking for a solution, don't want to use my REAL IP address ...