"[LLUDPSERVER]: NO pakets redeived from child agent

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"[LLUDPSERVER]: NO pakets redeived from child agent

paul emery
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Problem: Firestorm v. 64.4.6.9.42974 no longer able to connect to standalone server Opensim.exe diva

version 0.8. after moving from one machine to another.

The Opensim folders and files and mysql database were copied from win 32 bit server to win 64 bit server
These are dedicated servers in server farm. New server is win2012 r2. Old server was a 32 bit older version

of win running for several years. IP address of new server same as old. Ports open incomming and outgoing

for both tcp and udp.

Here is what happens:
opensim.exe starts up and shows regions correctly in console.

Try to log in with Firestorm
Console shows incomming user authenticated and authorized.
Then Firestorm gets as far as "Waiting for handshake"
        after a few seconds error says "We're having trouble conneting...."
Then console shows "[LLUDPSERVER]: NO pakets redeived from child agent ...for 60000ms.." Disconnedting.

We have tried running opensim.32bitlaunch.exe rather then opensim.exe but have same result.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "[LLUDPSERVER]: NO pakets redeived from child agent

paul emery
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
One suggestion is that you can't just copy the folders and files from one box to another but rather you actually have to run the opensim installation package on the new server. Does that make sense to people?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "[LLUDPSERVER]: NO pakets redeived from child agent

paul emery
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by paul emery
This problem was solved when we discovered that the ip address of our server had been changed when we migrated. (it wasn't supposed to). The domain name ip address was not changed. The uri for the stand alone is the domain name. Result: the client logs on and connects with domain name ip. The server recognizes the log on and send back a response saying hello go ahead. Problem is the server is now sending this back from a different ip address. Result the client is waiting for the hand shake and never sends anymore data. Second result is that after 30 seconds the server gives up and stops waiting.

We spent a lot of time looking at the firewall for problems that did not exist. Hope this might help some others