region problems on standalone

12

region problems on standalone

Ethan Gardener
i've got region problems on a new standalone instalation with an old
database.  from some sims i can't see or cross to adjacent sims.
teleports to some sims fail and to some others they leave me stuck at
0,0.  when stuck at 0,0 i can usually fly up and down, but that's all.
only one sim works correctly.

i'm using diva distro; downloaded yesterday.  6 of the sims and all of
the accounts (avatars) were made long ago, in 0.70.2 / 0.7.  4 sims
are new, they were made as i brought up diva distro for the first
time, before i copied the region files across.  these sims are in 2
groups, the 6 old sims in a 2x3 block and the new ones 2x2.  the
database was imported from backup before i started diva distro the
first time.  (before i successfully started it, anyway; i didn't know
newer mysql versions don't serve on a tcp port by default so there
were several false starts.)

in the new group, i can teleport to each sim but get stuck at 0,0.  i
can also see each sim from each other.  if i get into a corner
adjacent to other sims and try to cross eastward into another sim, i
get a message: "Cannot region cross into banned parcel".  (this is
when i'm on the estate owner account.) if i try to cross westward I
get no error but i get violent flashing instead, the avatar presumably
oscilating between above and under water at over 5Hz.

sometimes instead of the banned message in the viewer i see this on
the console:

        21:22:34 - [SCENE PRESENCE]: MakeRootAgent() was given an illegal position of <-0.05, -0.05, 25.42529> for avatar eekee eebus, ffc98645-1c87-4f1d-927f-401e7cd08918. Clamping

on editing appearance while i was stuck at 0,0, i saw this on the
console:

        15:55:08 - ScenePresence for agent uuid ffc98645-1c87-4f1d-927f-401e7cd08918 unexpectedly not found in HandleLinkInventoryItem

attempting to add an attachment produced a similar message, but when i
reached the one sim where i have full functionality, the attachments
appeared despite 3 or 4 relogs in between.

this one sim is called elandia.  it's at location 1000,1000 on the
grid.  it's one of the old sims.  from it i can't see other sims, and
i can only sometimes teleport into it, but everything inside that sim
works.  moving around, building, changing clothing, removing (and
presumably adding) attachments all work.  hmm..  one other problem: if
i logged out in another sim and try to log in to elandia, there's only
a 20-30% chance of the login succeeding.

the one good thing about the sims in which i'm stuck at 0,0 is i can
see any adjacent sim.  i didn't try building in them.  i can't get
about land info in any sim but elandia.

when in elandia, on the console i see messages like this from the
surrounding sims:

        19:56:52 - [LLUDPSERVER]: No packets received from child agent of test kitten for 60000ms in Oceana.  Disconnecting.
        19:56:53 - [LLUDPSERVER]: No packets received from child agent of test kitten for 60000ms in Undernalis.  Disconnecting.
        19:56:55 - [LLUDPSERVER]: No packets received from child agent of test kitten for 60000ms in Fentara.  Disconnecting.

those sims are west, southwest, and south of elandia.  the sims to the
north and northwest are conspicuous by their absence, although i
recall seeing such a message from teh sim to the north yesterday.
hmm...  test kitten logged into undernalis which is too far south for
the northern sims to have her as a child agent.

sometimes after a teleport i get this: "Moving you to region at 1000,
1000".  (exact text may be different, it's a bit hard to trigger.) i'm
then teleported back to elandia, but with a position kilometers out of
the sim and the viewer display flashing until i open the map and
teleport into elandia manually.

one sim i have never managed to get into.  it is nactus, north of
elandia.  it is also the most built-up of all the sims with 5817
prims, but i don't know if this means much.  some of the problem sims
are empty, while elandia is perhaps the 2nd or 3rd most filled sim
with 1176 prims.

oh...  here's a weak sort of progress.  i teleported to solimos (nw, a
problem sim,) and back to elandia, and then i could get about land
from nachtus (n).  i can't get about land when i'm actually in any of
these sims.  ...  so i tried teleporting into nachtus, and i not only
got in but i can move around!  all the builds are phantom though, and
the menu bar says i'm still in elandia.  when i edit an object,
owner/creator info never appears, although it does for newly-created
objects.  hm...  i left and returned, and there wasn't the slightest
bump on sim crossing, as if i'm still in elandia.  it's like one of
aurora-sim's var regions, except the parcel name doesn't change when
it should.  checking the config, CombineContiguousRegions = false,
which is the same as it was in 0.7.2.  sim ports and positions do not
overlap.  i don't know what else to check.

after that semi-success with nachtus, i attempted to fly west into
oceana.  from the crossing point my avatar flew on regardless of me
taking my fingers off the keys, but curiously stopped at -256.  this
appeared on the console:

        22:07:17 - [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: No ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE information for region handle 1098412116404224, exiting CrossToNewRegion.
        22:07:17 - [ENTITY TRANSFER STATE MACHINE]: Agent with ID ffc98645-1c87-4f1d-927f-401e7cd08918 should not exit directly from state Transferring, should go to CleaningUp state first in Elandia

what can i do?

--
You can't have your fun and eat it too.

Re: region problems on standalone

Ethan Gardener
typo in the versions i used before. should be 0.7.0.2 and 0.7.2

diva distro version is r23797

Re: region problems on standalone

Luisillo Contepomi
"teleports to some sims fail and to some others they leave me stuck at
0,0. "

Review your OpenSim.ini and change it for the new version. I think
that you are using ODE. In var region must be Bulletsim.
Regards,
Luisillo

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014, at 05:09 AM, Luisillo Contepomi wrote:
> "teleports to some sims fail and to some others they leave me stuck at
> 0,0. "
>
> Review your OpenSim.ini and change it for the new version. I think
> that you are using ODE. In var region must be Bulletsim.
> Regards,
> Luisillo

My apologies, I thought I replied to the list but my mail client says
I sent it was sent just to you.

I am not using var regions. Rather, some aspects of this broken
behaviour resemble var regions. The map does not show any var regions,
only the regions i expect to see. Likewise, what is visible does not
resemble var regions; boundaries between regions are clearly visible
in the terrain. It's only movement; when i go north from the sim at
1000,1000 it treats me as if i am still in that sim. West doesn't work
so well, perhaps because the X position becomes negative, and there
are no sims to the east to try.

Re: region problems on standalone

Luisillo Contepomi
It is a really strange behavior
when you are in position 0.0 and only can move up and down is as was
ODE physic configured in a var region but if you have not varregions..
im lost.

In your case I would:

Start in your old version 0.7.2., and do oars for your regions and
iars for your users.
Start up a clean empty new version 0.8.rc3 with a new database.
Import oars and iars. Do not use your old database.
Test it.
Regards
Luisillo

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014, at 05:31 AM, Luisillo Contepomi wrote:

> It is a really strange behavior
> when you are in position 0.0 and only can move up and down is as was
> ODE physic configured in a var region but if you have not varregions..
> im lost.
>
> In your case I would:
>
> Start in your old version 0.7.2., and do oars for your regions and
> iars for your users.
> Start up a clean empty new version 0.8.rc3 with a new database.
> Import oars and iars. Do not use your old database.
> Test it.
> Regards
> Luisillo

that's a sensible idea, thank you.  before I try it, i have one
question, if you or anyone else on the list would know: how are var
regions enabled or disabled?  or how is the size of each region
stored?  i've searched the ini files but i can't find it, and i'm
rather new to mysql.

Re: region problems on standalone

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
I have this in my regions.ini file

[VarRegion]
RegionUUID = YOUR-UUID-XX
Location = 7756,8884
InternalAddress = 91.xxx.yy.zz
InternalPort = 90xx
SizeX = 1024
SizeY = 1024
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = 91.xxx.yy.zz
MasterAvatarFirstName = FIRSTNAME
MasterAvatarLastName = LSTNAME
MasterAvatarSandboxPassword = ******
RegionType = "YOUR-REGIONTYPE"

So i define my region size here
SizeX = 1024
SizeY = 1024

And you need to add the following to your opensim.ini

[BulletSim]
    TerrainImplementation = 0

and

[Terrain]
    SendTerrainUpdatesByViewDistance = true

And you must use a 0.8.* opensim distribution, you HAVE to use Bullet as
your physics engine in opensim.ini

;; Choose one of the physics engines below
    ;# {physics} {} {Select physics engine} {OpenDynamicsEngine BulletSim
basicphysics POS} OpenDynamicsEngine
    ;; OpenDynamicsEngine is by some distance the most developed physics
engine
    ;; BulletSim is incomplete and experimental but in active development
    ;; basicphysics effectively does not model physics at all, making all
    ;; objects phantom
    ;; Default is OpenDynamicsEngine
    ; physics = OpenDynamicsEngine
    physics = BulletSim
    ; physics = basicphysics
    ; physics = POS

And a viewer that supports VarRegions like Singularity and Firestorm
All info can be found here : http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Varregion

best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014, at 05:31 AM, Luisillo Contepomi wrote:

> It is a really strange behavior
> when you are in position 0.0 and only can move up and down is as was
> ODE physic configured in a var region but if you have not varregions..
> im lost.
>
> In your case I would:
>
> Start in your old version 0.7.2., and do oars for your regions and
> iars for your users.
> Start up a clean empty new version 0.8.rc3 with a new database.
> Import oars and iars. Do not use your old database.
> Test it.
> Regards
> Luisillo

that's a sensible idea, thank you.  before I try it, i have one question, if
you or anyone else on the list would know: how are var regions enabled or
disabled?  or how is the size of each region stored?  i've searched the ini
files but i can't find it, and i'm rather new to mysql.

Autobackup Question

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
Hi there,

Anbody have the autobackup successfully running.
I have the following settings in my regions.ini but it does not work:

AutoBackup = True
AutoBackupInterval = 120
AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
AutoBackupDir = "."
AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
AutoBackupBusyCheck = True

Anything else to enable somewhere ?
I use the latest 8.0.8 (Dev) 74cda2a: 2014-06-06 running.

Any help is appreciated.

best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise

Re: Autobackup Question

Shaun T. Erickson
The latest version is 0.8.0 RC3. There is no 8.0.8. :)

On 6/13/14, 4:05 PM, drWhiet wrote:
> I use the latest 8.0.8 (Dev) 74cda2a ...

Re: Autobackup Question

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
You are right ... 8.0.8 is my Drum Machine .. Arrr* Boom Tschack !

The latest version is 0.8.0 RC3. There is no 8.0.8. :)

On 6/13/14, 4:05 PM, drWhiet wrote:
> I use the latest 8.0.8 (Dev) 74cda2a ...

Re: Autobackup Question

Jeff Kelley
At 10:05 PM +0200 13/6/14, drWhiet wrote:

>Anything else to enable somewhere ?

AutoBackupModuleEnabled = true ?

Re: region problems on standalone

Ethan Gardener
thank you for collecting that info, word.

that is strange, there's nothing in my config that could imply the
presence of any var regions at all. physics is ode, and the string
"size" (matched case-insensitively) does not exist in any file in my
regions/.

seems oars are the only way i can go, which reminds me when i tried
aurora-sim i made one giant region and loaded oars into various places
within it. i might do that again, but first i'll have to think about
which of my computers are going to be doing what. for now, i might
just run 0.7.2 if it gets on well enough with firestorm or
singularity. i can't run older viewers any more. (i hate the manic
linux upgrade obsession.)

thanks again guys.

Re: Autobackup Question

drwhiet@spacefriends.de

@Jeff: TY for the tip ; but even when i put this in my region.ini

AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True
AutoBackup = True
AutoBackupInterval = 30
AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
AutoBackupDir = "."
AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
AutoBackupBusyCheck = True

no backup is created ! Any ideas ?

Wordfromthe Wise

At 10:05 PM +0200 13/6/14, drWhiet wrote:

>Anything else to enable somewhere ?

AutoBackupModuleEnabled = true ?

Re: Autobackup Question

Opensimfan

also add a script (.txt)   that will perform the backup  (save oar or
save iar)  autobackup will run this every 30 secs
wich is rather short.  make it 1 hour or longer....

openSimFan...

drWhiet schreef op 15-6-2014 om 19:23:

> @Jeff: TY for the tip ; but even when i put this in my region.ini
>
> AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True
> AutoBackup = True
> AutoBackupInterval = 30
> AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
> AutoBackupDir = "."
> AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
> AutoBackupBusyCheck = True
>
> no backup is created ! Any ideas ?
>
> Wordfromthe Wise

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Autobackup Question

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
As per the opensim Wiki the 30 should be 30 minutes and why the script (txt)?  i thought this will all be done by the autobackup module ? And if i do the script, do i have to instruct autobackup to do things like

"
change region xxx
fcache assets
backup
save oar xxx.oar
"
or what should that Script file include ? If this is the way i could write a .bat file and let it run automatically ?! I expect that this all is done by the autobackup Module ??!

Best regards
Wordfromthe Wise

> Am 15.06.2014 um 19:49 schrieb André Verwijs <[hidden email]>:
>

> also add a script (.txt)   that will perform the backup  (save oar or save iar)  autobackup will run this every 30 secs
> wich is rather short.  make it 1 hour or longer....
>

> openSimFan...
>
> drWhiet schreef op 15-6-2014 om 19:23:
>> @Jeff: TY for the tip ; but even when i put this in my region.ini
>>
>> AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True
>> AutoBackup = True
>> AutoBackupInterval = 30
>> AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
>> AutoBackupDir = "."
>> AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
>> AutoBackupBusyCheck = True
>>
>> no backup is created ! Any ideas ?
>>
>> Wordfromthe Wise

interval is minutes yes :)  and yes you need a .txt file  with command,
the autobackup runs the script
instead of by hand...

Spacefriends schreef op 15-6-2014 om 20:10:

> As per the opensim Wiki the 30 should be 30 minutes and why the script (txt)?  i thought this will all be done by the autobackup module ? And if i do the script, do i have to instruct autobackup to do things like
>
> "
> change region xxx
> fcache assets
> backup
> save oar xxx.oar
> "
> or what should that Script file include ? If this is the way i could write a .bat file and let it run automatically ?! I expect that this all is done by the autobackup Module ??!
>
> Best regards
> Wordfromthe Wise
>
>> Am 15.06.2014 um 19:49 schrieb André Verwijs <[hidden email]>:
>>

>> also add a script (.txt)   that will perform the backup  (save oar or save iar)  autobackup will run this every 30 secs
>> wich is rather short.  make it 1 hour or longer....
>>

>> openSimFan...
>>
>> drWhiet schreef op 15-6-2014 om 19:23:
>>> @Jeff: TY for the tip ; but even when i put this in my region.ini
>>>
>>> AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True
>>> AutoBackup = True
>>> AutoBackupInterval = 30
>>> AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
>>> AutoBackupDir = "."
>>> AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
>>> AutoBackupBusyCheck = True
>>>
>>> no backup is created ! Any ideas ?
>>>
>>> Wordfromthe Wise

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Autobackup Question

Jeff Kelley
At 7:23 PM +0200 15/6/14, drWhiet wrote:

>@Jeff: TY for the tip ; but even when i put this in my region.ini
>
>AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True
>AutoBackup = True
>AutoBackupInterval = 30
>AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
>AutoBackupDir = "."
>AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
>AutoBackupBusyCheck = True
>
>no backup is created ! Any ideas ?

Is it preceded by

[AutoBackupModule]

?

Re: Autobackup Question

Philippe Scoffoni

Le 15/06/2014 22:19, Jeff Kelley a écrit :

> At 7:23 PM +0200 15/6/14, drWhiet wrote:
>
>> @Jeff: TY for the tip ; but even when i put this in my region.ini
>>
>> AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True
>> AutoBackup = True
>> AutoBackupInterval = 30
>> AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
>> AutoBackupDir = "."
>> AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
>> AutoBackupBusyCheck = True
>>
>> no backup is created ! Any ideas ?
>

> Is it preceded by
>
> [AutoBackupModule]
>
> ?
Hello

Do you put this section in OpenSim.ini ?

What is the name you must give to the .txt ? autobackup.txt ?

I only find this page on the wiki
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Feature_Proposals/AutoBackup
And there is no information about the .txt

Thanks for your help

Philippe

Re: Autobackup Question

justincc
I originally added this module as a contribution and somewhat regretted it, as the original submitter didn't stick
around to write doc or debug it and I've never found time to do either.  So I can't say much about how it works (or not)
and don't have much time to change that fact.  However, Alicia Raven did contribute a fix recently in c1bdd22, though
that was on 4th June so should have been in your code.

It was one of those marginal calls.  I can see where autobackup to OARs could be pretty useful - I've been in a few
situations now where people ideally would like to be able to restore the state of a region at known checkpoints.  But
it's a complicated thing to do well (esp. if one wants to avoid it taking up huge amounts of disk space) and may
arguably be better left to a more complete external system.

On 16/06/14 07:33, Philippe Scoffoni wrote:

> Le 15/06/2014 22:19, Jeff Kelley a écrit :
>> At 7:23 PM +0200 15/6/14, drWhiet wrote:
>>
>>> @Jeff: TY for the tip ; but even when i put this in my region.ini
>>>
>>> AutoBackupModuleEnabled = True
>>> AutoBackup = True
>>> AutoBackupInterval = 30
>>> AutoBackupNaming = Sequential
>>> AutoBackupDir = "."
>>> AutoBackupAgentThreshold = 0
>>> AutoBackupBusyCheck = True
>>>
>>> no backup is created ! Any ideas ?
>>

>> Is it preceded by
>>
>> [AutoBackupModule]
>>
>> ?
> Hello
>
> Do you put this section in OpenSim.ini ?
>
> What is the name you must give to the .txt ? autobackup.txt ?
>
> I only find this page on the wiki http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Feature_Proposals/AutoBackup
> And there is no information about the .txt
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Philippe

OSVW Consulting

Re: Autobackup Question

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
Ty Justin for your answer. So without further 'guessing' and suggesting does anybody has it working and can post his working settings (and version info) I will test it against 0.8 and make the changes to the wiki page ?

Best regards,
Word

> Am 16.06.2014 um 23:42 schrieb Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>:
>
> I originally added this module as a contribution and somewhat regretted it, as the original submitter didn't stick around to write doc or debug it and I've never found time to do either.  So I can't say much about how it works (or not) and don't have much time to change that fact.  However, Alicia Raven did contribute a fix recently in c1bdd22, though that was on 4th June so should have been in your code.
>
> It was one of those marginal calls.  I can see where autobackup to OARs could be pretty useful - I've been in a few situations now where people ideally would like to be able to restore the state of a region at known checkpoints.  But it's a complicated thing to do well (esp. if one wants to avoid it taking up huge amounts of disk space) and may arguably be better left to a more complete external system.
>
>> On 16/06/14 07:33, Philippe Scoffoni wrote:

>>> Is it preceded by
>>>
>>> [AutoBackupModule]
>>>
>>> ?
>> Hello
>>
>> Do you put this section in OpenSim.ini ?
>>
>> What is the name you must give to the .txt ? autobackup.txt ?
>>
>> I only find this page on the wiki http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Feature_Proposals/AutoBackup
>> And there is no information about the .txt
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Philippe

> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> OSVW Consulting