remoting_listener_port

William Magee
Since remoting_listener_port has been deprecated I can no longer use
an inworld display screen that makes a call to osSetDynamicTextureURL.
I get an error message that says:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
 ---> System.Exception: OSSL Runtime Error: osSetDynamicTextureURL
permission denied.  All OS functions are disabled.

Can anyone tell me what I should do to re-enable osSetDynamicTextureURL?

Thanks!
Bill

Re: remoting_listener_port

jeff1564
in your opensim.ini look for: ADD

; OS Functions enable/disable
    ; For each function, you can add one line, as shown
    ; The default for all functions allows them if below threat level

    ; true allows the use of the function unconditionally
    ; Allow_osSetRegionWaterHeight = true
    Allow_osGetSimulatorVersion = true
    Allow_osSetDynamicTextureURL = true

    ; false disables the function completely
    ; Allow_osSetRegionWaterHeight = false

    ; Comma separated list of UUIDS allows the function for that list of UUIDS
    ; Allow_osSetRegionWaterHeight = 888760cb-a3cf-43ac-8ea4-8732fd3ee2bb

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:02 PM, William Magee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since remoting_listener_port has been deprecated I can no longer use
an inworld display screen that makes a call to osSetDynamicTextureURL.
I get an error message that says:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
 ---> System.Exception: OSSL Runtime Error: osSetDynamicTextureURL
permission denied.  All OS functions are disabled.

Can anyone tell me what I should do to re-enable osSetDynamicTextureURL?

Thanks!
Bill

Visit http://myopengrid.com

Re: remoting_listener_port

Olish Newman
Hi Bill,

you need to set AllowOSFunctions to true in your XEngine and section :

    ; Allow the use of os* functions (some are dangerous)
    ; Default is false
    AllowOSFunctions = true

--
Sincères salutations, Kind regards,
Olivier Battini / Olish Newman

Re: remoting_listener_port

William Magee
Hi Jeff and Ollsh,

Thanks for this info. I have done as you suggested and now my error
message no longer appears. However, I am still not getting the display
of the gif file that is called in the URL. Is it possible that 0.6.7
does not like gif files?  I am having no trouble running the same
script in diva-r11491.

Cheers,
Bill

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:30 AM, Olish Newman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> you need to set AllowOSFunctions to true in your XEngine and section :
>
>     ; Allow the use of os* functions (some are dangerous)
>     ; Default is false
>     AllowOSFunctions = true
>
> 2009/12/1 William Magee <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Exception rethrown at [0]:
>>  ---> System.Exception: OSSL Runtime Error: osSetDynamicTextureURL
>> permission denied.  All OS functions are disabled.
>>

> --
> Sincères salutations, Kind regards,
> Olivier Battini / Olish Newman

Re: remoting_listener_port

jeff1564
Sorry not sure about that William. I'll skip this one :)

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM, William Magee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jeff and Ollsh,

Thanks for this info. I have done as you suggested and now my error
message no longer appears. However, I am still not getting the display
of the gif file that is called in the URL. Is it possible that 0.6.7
does not like gif files?  I am having no trouble running the same
script in diva-r11491.

Cheers,
Bill

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:30 AM, Olish Newman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> you need to set AllowOSFunctions to true in your XEngine and section :
>
>     ; Allow the use of os* functions (some are dangerous)
>     ; Default is false
>     AllowOSFunctions = true
>
> 2009/12/1 William Magee <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Exception rethrown at [0]:
>>  ---> System.Exception: OSSL Runtime Error: osSetDynamicTextureURL
>> permission denied.  All OS functions are disabled.
>>

> --
> Sincères salutations, Kind regards,
> Olivier Battini / Olish Newman

Visit http://myopengrid.com

Re: remoting_listener_port

William Magee
Thanks anyway Jeff. The previous one was gold.

Does anyone suspect that my issue is a GIF file?

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Jeff1564 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry not sure about that William. I'll skip this one :)
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM, William Magee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jeff and Ollsh,
>>
>> Thanks for this info. I have done as you suggested and now my error
>> message no longer appears. However, I am still not getting the display
>> of the gif file that is called in the URL. Is it possible that 0.6.7
>> does not like gif files?  I am having no trouble running the same
>> script in diva-r11491.
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Bill
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:30 AM, Olish Newman <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Bill,
>> >
>> > you need to set AllowOSFunctions to true in your XEngine and section :
>> >
>> >     ; Allow the use of os* functions (some are dangerous)
>> >     ; Default is false
>> >     AllowOSFunctions = true

>> > --
>> > Sincères salutations, Kind regards,
>> > Olivier Battini / Olish Newman

> Visit http://myopengrid.com

Re: remoting_listener_port

Bill Nickels
William Magee wrote:

> Thanks anyway Jeff. The previous one was gold.
>
> Does anyone suspect that my issue is a GIF file?
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Jeff1564<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Sorry not sure about that William. I'll skip this one :)
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM, William Magee<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jeff and Ollsh,
>>>
>>> Thanks for this info. I have done as you suggested and now my error
>>> message no longer appears. However, I am still not getting the display
>>> of the gif file that is called in the URL. Is it possible that 0.6.7
>>> does not like gif files?  I am having no trouble running the same
>>> script in diva-r11491.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Bill

>> --
>> Visit http://myopengrid.com

> I had problem with OS not handling Graphic formats with a Alpha channel. Transparent and visible got turned over in the upload process.

Re: remoting_listener_port

William Magee
Right, I had that problem with jpg and png formats. Now it seems the
GIFS are switching as well. But only in 0.6.7, not Diva.