requesting list membership

riebling
Please add this email address to the opensimulator.org wiki, in light
of registrations being disabled due to spam.

Eric Riebling      Interactive Systems Lab
[hidden email]    407 South Craig St.

Re: requesting list membership

justincc
Hi Eric.  What account name would you like?

Boy, we really need to get direct account creation active again.  I think I will end up going with a simple
questions/approval queue system.

On 12/02/14 15:40, Eric Riebling wrote:
> Please add this email address to the opensimulator.org wiki, in light
> of registrations being disabled due to spam.
>
> Regards,

OSVW Consulting

Re: requesting list membership

riebling
Thanks for replying personally; call me "riebling" for account membership.
I'm in a similar situation to you (academic research) and am trying to use
projects here as synergy to devote time to using and testing OpenSim and
(lib)OpenMetaverse things.

We do mostly speech recognition work, so our system has a voice-controlled
bot avatar interacting with a human-controlled avatar, everything but the
viewer running in a virtual machine. It makes for a 'whizzy demo' to have
3d virtual world stuff happening instead of the relatively dry speech recognition
stuff that focuses mostly on improving word error rates.

It is also nice because the whole thing can run without internet access, so you
can give a demo on an airplane, for example. Oh wait, those have internet now :)

Regards,

-er

--

Eric Riebling      Interactive Systems Lab
[hidden email]    407 South Craig St.

Re: requesting list membership

justincc
Okay, Eric, you should have received account details.

Regards,

Justin

On 13/02/14 15:51, Eric Riebling wrote:

> Thanks for replying personally; call me "riebling" for account membership.
> I'm in a similar situation to you (academic research) and am trying to use
> projects here as synergy to devote time to using and testing OpenSim and
> (lib)OpenMetaverse things.
>
> We do mostly speech recognition work, so our system has a voice-controlled
> bot avatar interacting with a human-controlled avatar, everything but the
> viewer running in a virtual machine. It makes for a 'whizzy demo' to have
> 3d virtual world stuff happening instead of the relatively dry speech recognition
> stuff that focuses mostly on improving word error rates.
>
> It is also nice because the whole thing can run without internet access, so you
> can give a demo on an airplane, for example. Oh wait, those have internet now :)
>
> Regards,
>
> -er
>
> On 02/12/2014 06:40 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>> Hi Eric.  What account name would you like?
>>
>> Boy, we really need to get direct account creation active again. I think I will end up going with a simple
>> questions/approval queue system.
>>
>> On 12/02/14 15:40, Eric Riebling wrote:
>>> Please add this email address to the opensimulator.org wiki, in light
>>> of registrations being disabled due to spam.
>>>
>>> Regards,

OSVW Consulting