restore OAR to user sim...

Johan Taal

Opensim guru’s,

A user on my grid asked me to load an OAR file to his land in a way that he can edit and be the owner of the objects.

I think there are 2 solutions for this issue:

1 - give the user rights to restore his OAR file himself: What must I do to give him this features?

2 – I restore the file for him: how can I restore the OAR file is such a way that he can edit and is owner of the restored objects?

Is it possible to restore a OAR file in such a way that the land owner have all the rights to change objects?

Please send me a email with suggestions to [hidden email]

Thanks in advanced!

Re: restore OAR to user sim...

hack13
1. to do that you can either give them access to say web tool using opensim's built in xmlrpc requests more info can be found here: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/RemoteAdmin:admin_load_oar

2. There doesn't currently seem to be a flag for this to force the owner of objects, so if the oar was not saved with the flag "--publish" you will need to go into the database of that regions in the "prims" table and change the object owner to his uuid on the objects.

--
Timothy Rogers

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014, at 07:19 AM, Johan Taal wrote:

Opensim guru’s,

A user on my grid asked me to load an OAR file to his land in a way that he can edit and be the owner of the objects.

I think there are 2 solutions for this issue:

1 - give the user rights to restore his OAR file himself: What must I do to give him this features?

2 – I restore the file for him: how can I restore the OAR file is such a way that he can edit and is owner of the restored objects?

Is it possible to restore a OAR file in such a way that the land owner have all the rights to change objects?

Please send me a email with suggestions to [hidden email]

Thanks in advanced!

Re: restore OAR to user sim...

Oren Hurvitz
Load OAR doesn't have an option to ignore the current owners, but Save OAR does. Do the following:

1. Load the OAR
2. Save the OAR, using the "--publish" option
3. Load the new OAR

Oren

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Johan Taal <[hidden email]> wrote:

Opensim guru’s,

A user on my grid asked me to load an OAR file to his land in a way that he can edit and be the owner of the objects.

I think there are 2 solutions for this issue:

1 - give the user rights to restore his OAR file himself: What must I do to give him this features?

2 – I restore the file for him: how can I restore the OAR file is such a way that he can edit and is owner of the restored objects?

Is it possible to restore a OAR file in such a way that the land owner have all the rights to change objects?

Please send me a email with suggestions to [hidden email]

Thanks in advanced!

Oren Hurvitz
VP R&D
Kitely Ltd.

Email: [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: restore OAR to user sim...

Johan Taal

If I do this as grid owner it probably will be loaded the second time in a way that I will be the owner. And I want the land owner to have all rights. So I think what Oren suggested does not work in this situation or do I miss something?

In fact I think the next conditions are important if you give land owners more facilities to access their own sim:

-          the land owner only has rights to save / load a OAR of his own land;

-          in wifi there is an option to let users save their inventory in an IAR. Maybe something like that is also possible for OAR;

-          it will give hosting / providers more flexibilities for user if there are no security / copyrights violations;

-          the landowner has NO console access so there must be a work around to give a user this capabilities;

-          is there a possibility to connect this kind of “superuser” (NOT grid owner) commands to the account level;

with regard, Johan Taal

Re: restore OAR to user sim...

Johan Taal

OK, Thanks!

Another option I was thinking about is was restoring the OAR file and then sell the sim with all objects on it to a user. But I have tested this and the “sell with objects” options does not seem to work. Is this correct?

With regards, Johan Taal!