saving data in OpenSim

Juan Mateu
Hello,

  I'm testing the communication between objects and also reading and
writing data files in OpenSim.

I'm doing tests using llHTTPRequest, with which I make an object read
from a text file, but still can not save data from an object to dump
them in a file.

I'm looking at documentation and a possible solution is to use the PUT
methodllHTTPRequest, but so far I have not seen a clear example that I
use.

My idea is to dump the contents of variables or parameters of an
object in a file in either txt or xml, but really the next step is to
read and write from a database. For example, I would like an object in
OpenSim read data from a real temperature sensor.

Someone can advise me?

Best regards.

Juan Mateu.

Re: saving data in OpenSim

paul emery
Maybe something in this article would give you some help. Script here to write info from inworld to an external spreadsheet.

http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2012/01/log-your-visitors-to-google-spreadsheet/

Re: saving data in OpenSim

Hi Juan.  I'm not precisely sure what you mean here - are you using llHTTPRequest() [1] to read directly from a file
rather than from a server?  If not, then I would have thought that PUT with llHTTPRequest() would work fine back to that
same server.  Not that I've ever tried this in OpenSimulator myself.

If you want direct db integration then this is more difficult.  One way is to write a region module [2] that will
perform the DB operations and communicate with scripts via something like the OpenSim specific mod*() [3] commands if
necessary.  Another alternative is to start writing 'C# scripts' [4] if you're comfortable that you can fully lock down
the region against anybody else creating them.

[1] http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlHTTPRequest
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/IRegionModule
[3] http://justincc.org/blog/2010/07/16/passing-data-between-a-script-and-a-region-module-with-modsendcommand/
[4] http://justincc.org/blog/2008/11/21/c-scripting-in-opensim/