snow leopard opensim server config

Paul Fishwick
Has anyone tried to use snow leopard 10.6 as an opensim server?
I am about ready to spec out a Mac Pro for work that will hopefully be
able to handle 4 regions using 8 cores (2 Xeons) and 8GB memory.
I would hope that I could use the opensim server by either downloading the
Mac OSX binary or using Parallels and running a windows opensim.
If any of you have specific hardware (memory, # cores) configs that
perform the best, let me know and I'll alter the configuration.
-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs

Re: snow leopard opensim server config

Chuck Cushing
I have 4 regions running on my iMac (2.4 GHz intel Core 2 Duo with 3
GB ram) and it works fine. Was on Leopard when I installed OpenSim but
upgraded to Snow Leopard last week with no problems.
Maxping was helpful to me as I'm totally illiterate on this stuff.   http://maxping.org/technology/platforms/open-simulator/how-to-install-opensim-on-mac-osx.aspx

Good luck.