some instability ahead r8399+

Diva Canto
Before issue reports start flying, just wanted to let everyone know that
starting in r8399, svn head is a bit unstable with respect to avatar
crossings/TPs. Mileage may vary depending on many things. LL viewer
seems more solid than the Hippo.

Please bear with us while we clean up a lot of old assumptions out of
the code.
If you want something recent and relatively stable, stick to r8398 for
the next few days. Please refrain from submitting crossing/TP-related
mantis for the next week or so -- we know there are problems. Progress
is two steps forward, one step back.

As usual, we value the brave of heart who go with svn head no matter
what, and provide valuable informal feedback on how things are looking.

Thanks,
Crista

Re: some instability ahead r8399+

Kyle Hamilton
I wonder.  What would it take to have tags associated with certain
revisions, like "latest-recommended-stable"?  At the least, this could
be something that would allow people to get the latest SVN that is
believed to not have as many issues?

-Kyle H

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Diva Canto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Before issue reports start flying, just wanted to let everyone know that
> starting in r8399, svn head is a bit unstable with respect to avatar
> crossings/TPs. Mileage may vary depending on many things. LL viewer
> seems more solid than the Hippo.
>
> Please bear with us while we clean up a lot of old assumptions out of
> the code.
> If you want something recent and relatively stable, stick to r8398 for
> the next few days. Please refrain from submitting crossing/TP-related
> mantis for the next week or so -- we know there are problems. Progress
> is two steps forward, one step back.
>
> As usual, we value the brave of heart who go with svn head no matter
> what, and provide valuable informal feedback on how things are looking.
>
> Thanks,
> Crista

Let's post-tag 0.6.3 [Was: some instability ahead r8399+]

Stefan Andersson
Um, that's basically what the 'stable' and 'post-fixes' should be considered - so basically, we should have found a good rev and bumped up to 0.6.3 before doing any destabilizing work.

Good fixes still can go into the corresponding post-fixes branch, so basically, the post-fixes should be considered your best bet.

Let's do that ASAP. Is there a good 0.6.3 candidate rev?

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB