sun settings

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sun settings

paul emery
Is there a way to set the region sun settings to stay at the same time of day for all users when they log in.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sun settings

Vanish Seriath
In the viewer go to world > Region/Estate and there on the Estate tab  
check Fixed Sun and set the sun phase at the position you like.

Am 21.04.2011, 20:46 Uhr, schrieb paul emery <[hidden email]>:

> Is there a way to set the region sun settings to stay at the same time  
> of day
> for all users when they log in.
>
> --
> View this message in context:  
> http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/sun-settings-tp6295191p6295191.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sun settings

Opensimfan
NOTE: this could crash opensim/viewer, so backup before you try this....


dutch
_________________________________________
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sun settings

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
In reply to this post by paul emery




I recommend  Windlight Setting ( Lightshare ) setting and the Imprudence
Viewer ..
txOh has created an GREAT in-world LightShare controller, which allows you
to
easily set custom LightShare settings.
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LightShare 

best regards
Wordfromthe Wise




-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] Im Auftrag von paul emery
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. April 2011 20:47
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: [Opensim-users] sun settings

Is there a way to set the region sun settings to stay at the same time of
day for all users when they log in.

--
View this message in context:
http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/sun-settings-tp6295191p6295191.ht
ml
Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sun settings

R. Gunther
On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 21:49 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>
>
> I recommend  Windlight Setting ( Lightshare ) setting and the Imprudence
> Viewer ..
> txOh has created an GREAT in-world LightShare controller, which allows you
> to
> easily set custom LightShare settings.
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LightShare 

The results are only never what you expect.
user can overide the sun seting or have windlight disabled.

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sun settings

Drew Hart
In reply to this post by Opensimfan
Really, at this point in time, in Open Sim development, changing the
sun's settings can crash it - that's a little scary isn't it.  I don't
mean anything insulting by that, just that it is scary.  I would have
never thought that would be an issue - but that's probably my fault
for not paying attention.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:57 PM, DutchGlory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> NOTE: this could crash opensim/viewer, so backup before you try this....
>
>
> dutch
>
>
> -----
> ______________________________________________
> OpensimFan (twitter)
> MetalFan (OSGRID)
> Dutchlord (My Open Grid)
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/sun-settings-tp6295191p6295229.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sun settings

paul emery
In reply to this post by Vanish Seriath
Vanish,

Thanks that was what i was exactly what i had forgotten.

But i had to make the change at menu>world>Terrain to accomplish what i wanted to do. Now all users will arrive at same time of day. I am not sure what people are cautioning about the crashing. I plan to set this value before the sim is opened up to other users. ?? What am I missing??
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sun settings

core
Paul,

I'm not sure what your current configuration is (i.e. OpenSim version,
server/client platforms, etc.), but I've been using custom Windlight
settings and active Lightshare for some time now and have never had any
issues (nor have my visitors afaik).  I'm curious to know what problems
others have experienced and under what circumstances to see if this is
more common than it seems.

.core

On 4/21/2011 5:32 PM, paul emery wrote:

> Vanish,
>
> Thanks that was what i was exactly what i had forgotten.
>
> But i had to make the change at menu>world>Terrain to accomplish what i
> wanted to do. Now all users will arrive at same time of day. I am not sure
> what people are cautioning about the crashing. I plan to set this value
> before the sim is opened up to other users. ?? What am I missing??
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/sun-settings-tp6295191p6295749.html
> Sent from the opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sun settings

James Hughes
In reply to this post by Drew Hart
On 04/21/2011 05:07 PM, Drew Hart wrote:
> Really, at this point in time, in Open Sim development, changing the
> sun's settings can crash it - that's a little scary isn't it.  I don't
> mean anything insulting by that, just that it is scary.  I would have
> never thought that would be an issue - but that's probably my fault
> for not paying attention.
>

I'm running the latest development version w/o issues. The estate settings
work according to the adjuster - as does the terrain setting.

If you are experiencing problems, it would be good to file a detailed
mantis
with the error logs and your configurations.

Thanks,
BlueWall
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users