terrain load in opensim 0.8

fokides

Hi all,

Till opensim 0.76 when you wanted to load a certain terrain in a certain region you used the commands:

Change region xxx

Terrain load xxx.png

What are the corresponding command(s) in opensim 0.8 (using a varregion)? I mean is there a --displacement switch as in load oar command?

Thanks in advance

Emmanuel

Re: terrain load in opensim 0.8

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
find all the info here:

hope this helps and best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise

Re: terrain load in opensim 0.8

Mister Blue
The same terrain commands work on varregions as legacy sized regions. In your example, if the PNG is smaller then the region (one pixel per meter), the remainder or the varregion is filled with a constant height.

Check out http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Load_Oar for some examples of loading different sized regions together using '--displacement'. If you want to get fancy, there is also '--rotation' so everything doesn't have to be aligned to the compass.

-- mb