unable to edit wiki by confirming two words

unable to edit wiki by confirming two words

Paul Fishwick
In the middle of enhancing one of the documents in
the wiki. When I "Save", I get the usual "your edit includes new
external links..." and one has to enter the visually encoded words
inside of a red rectangle. The problem is that I cannot enter anything
into it -- there is an arrow showing where to type, but I cannot
type in the box. Any ideas?

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs

Re: unable to edit wiki by confirming two words

Kyle Hamilton
Save the text that you were editing (select-all, copy, change to a
text editor, paste it into a new document).  Save it locally.  Close
your browser, and reboot your system.  Then go back and retry it.

Almost all of these bugs (in my apocryphal experience) seem to wedge
something in the OS, not merely the browser.

-Kyle H

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Paul Fishwick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the middle of enhancing one of the documents in
> the wiki. When I "Save", I get the usual "your edit includes new
> external links..." and one has to enter the visually encoded words
> inside of a red rectangle. The problem is that I cannot enter anything
> into it -- there is an arrow showing where to type, but I cannot
> type in the box. Any ideas?
>
> -p
>
> --
> Paul Fishwick, PhD
> Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
> University of Florida
> Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
> Bldg. CSE, Room 301
> P.O. Box 116120
> Gainesville, FL 32611
> Email: [hidden email]
> Phone: (352) 392-1414
> Fax: (352) 392-1220
> Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: unable to edit wiki by confirming two words

Robert Klein
I just encountered this problem and was using IE so I switched to FireFox, copy and pasted the info over and all is good. Must be some kind of IE bug.

-Robert

Kyle Hamilton wrote