using opensim with a virtual machine

Priscylla Silva
I installed opensim in a Virtual Machine which is installed Debian (Linux), I'm having mistakes about the configuration.
I can access opensim at intranet, on the other hand I can't access using other network.
Does it have any specific configuration for use opensim with a VM?

--
Priscylla
http://estruturaopen.wordpress.com/

Re: using opensim with a virtual machine

Olli Aro
Administrator

Virtual machine behaves just like a dedicated server, so there is no differences in configurations.

When you say another network is that from the internet? If yes then the configuration with NAT can be sometimes a bit complicated…

Olli

Re: using opensim with a virtual machine

Dickson, Mike (ISS Software)

And in many cases the default behavior is a NAT’d network. If you want your VM accessible from the outside you probably need to look into setting up in bridged mode using whatever is appropriate for your VMM.

Mike