var regions and prim limits

Damean Paolino

Have what may seem like a silly question.  Is there a programmatically / system imposed maximum number of prims that a single simulator will recognize?  i.e. if I create a 2x2 var region and wish to define a 40,000 prim limit per “block”..  the total prims allotted would then be 160,000.  Will the simulator allow this?  Or does it max out at a specific number?

RE: var regions and prim limits

Randy Pierce

If it helps any, I was trying to break into that same magic number. I created a 3328 x 3328 VAR (13x13 grid or 169 regions) and set the prim count at 2,535,000 and my server is understanding and maintaining that number with no problems.

I think you've nothing to worry about.

Re: var regions and prim limits

Mister Blue
There is no prim limit other than the limit set in the Region.ini file (there is also a simulator wide default but I don't remember where that i set). On the other hand, you still have the one simulator whether the region is 256x256 or 4096x4096. I've have over 100K prims on a 256 region and the limitation was waiting for them all to down load followed by the viewer crashing. If you set the region to have a 40K prim max, the whole region will have that limit. There is no computation "per block".