vehicle differences between Bullet and ODE

vehicle differences between Bullet and ODE

Serendipity Seraph-2
Hi,

Since switching to Bullet I notice that some of my flying vehicles only
work as before vertically and
sort of judder without changing direction much when I try to move or
turn horizontally.  Is there a fast
known patch to make this sort of problem go away?

Thanks for any answers, insights, or relevant links.

- seren.

Re: vehicle differences between Bullet and ODE

hack13
One solution is to just go back to ODE. BulletSim is still under
development so it is known to have some issues still.

--
  Timothy Rogers
  [hidden email]

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014, at 01:04 PM, Seren Seraph wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since switching to Bullet I notice that some of my flying vehicles only
> work as before vertically and
> sort of judder without changing direction much when I try to move or
> turn horizontally.  Is there a fast
> known patch to make this sort of problem go away?
>
> Thanks for any answers, insights, or relevant links.
>
> - seren.

Re: vehicle differences between Bullet and ODE

David P. Giffen-2
I agree with Timothy, OS has used ODE for a long time so most of bugs have
been worked out.

One solution is to just go back to ODE. BulletSim is still under development
so it is known to have some issues still.

--
  Timothy Rogers
  [hidden email]

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014, at 01:04 PM, Seren Seraph wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since switching to Bullet I notice that some of my flying vehicles
> only work as before vertically and sort of judder without changing
> direction much when I try to move or turn horizontally.  Is there a
> fast
> known patch to make this sort of problem go away?
>
> Thanks for any answers, insights, or relevant links.
>
> - seren.

---

Re: vehicle differences between Bullet and ODE

Luisillo Contepomi
You can find in OsGrid some good scripts for vehicles in Bulletsim,
working fine.
Look in the Wright Plaza Freebie store.
May be if you can see this scrips help you for find and solve the
problem in your scrips
Regards,
Luisillo

> I agree with Timothy, OS has used ODE for a long time so most of bugs have
> been worked out.

Mister Blue
(the keeper' of BulletSim here)
Are the differences you see in BulletSim physics that they are different that ODE or different than SL. There are several physical effects that BulletSim was tuned to do more like SL rather than be backward compatible to ODE. Turning is one of them (ODE was off by a factor of 10 somewhere).

Do your scripts work in SL and with ODE but not work with BulletSim?