virtual hose line

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hello,
I am wondering if I get some ideas for implementing a virtual hose line.  See, I tried using a flexi prim to represent a hose linked to two 'normal' prims at both ends. I then attached one of the ends to avatar hand. when avatar walks around, the one of the ends of the flexi prim is still attached to the part the hand is holding. At the other end of the flexi prim however, it breaks off from the other point which I hoped would be the anchor. Using particles does not seem a a good idea. Any thoughts?
Ramesh

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: virtual hose line

InuYasha Meiji
Sorry Ramesh, but flexy prims can and have always only been connecte at
one end.  I wish they could be connected at two ends.  It owuld be a
great way to simulate kite flying and so much more.  I would love for
someone in Opensim to figure that one out.  Go Team.  ;)  Show up LL
once again, you can do it.  lol.

Then we can fly a kite, have garden hoses, dogs on a leash, or other
things on a leash, umm.  Anyways, you're rght particle trails especially
how particles seem to fade in opensim is a real pain..    BEtween
Particles in SL and opensim they really need tweaking a bit to work
nearly the same., so I try to stay away from them if I can.

InuYasha.

On 4/22/2013 9:13 AM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:

> Hello,
> I am wondering if I get some ideas for implementing a virtual hose
> line.  See, I tried using a flexi prim to represent a hose linked to
> two 'normal' prims at both ends. I then attached one of the ends to
> avatar hand. when avatar walks around, the one of the ends of the
> flexi prim is still attached to the part the hand is holding. At the
> other end of the flexi prim however, it breaks off from the other
> point which I hoped would be the anchor. Using particles does not seem
> a a good idea. Any thoughts?
> Ramesh
>
> --
> 'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'
> *Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate
> /Research Associate Professor/, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
> 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
> Blog <http://deepsemaphore.posterous.com/>, LinkedIn
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>, DeepSemaphore LLC
> <http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, Google+ profile
> <https://plus.google.com/103652369558830540272/about>

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).