windlight load or setting

paul emery
What is the general way to set windlight values so that they will be used by clients when they have the client windlight setting turned on?

I know that my "region owner" avatar can use imprudence to chose a preset from the client drop down but these values do not seem to persist when relogging and do not effect what other ava see. It is also not possible to change the "default" presets using the client. Is there a way to enter values using the client and have them persist and be used by other avatars?

There is a console command 'windlight load' which claims to load settings from the database and broadcast them to clients. I see that the table regionwindlight has numerous records in the osgrid opensim download. I was expecting the console command to have a parameter to let me choose which record but it complains if i try to put in a parameter. How would i know what record it was reading from the data table?

Here i am dazed and confused. is there any body to help?

Re: windlight load or setting

Marcus Llewellyn
On 12/12/2011 8:23 PM, paul emery wrote:
> What is the general way to set windlight values so that they will be used by
> clients when they have the client windlight setting turned on?

So far as I know, server side Windlight settings are most easily set
using LightShare scripting functions. These persist to the database, and
are sent to compatible viewers. You might want to take a look at the
following wiki page: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LightShare

Marcus

Re: windlight load or setting

paul emery
hi, Thanks for the suggestion and the link. Well after reading that page I copied the script into an object and and tried to change the WL_Water_Color values to red 255,0,0. Didn't have any effect on what the imprudence avatar was seeing. Restarted the opensim instance but it still has no effect. So i looked directly at the regionwindlight data table and i could see that the script did change the values for the region in the data table That region now showed 255,0,0.

Also i have verified that opensim.ini has
[LIghtShare] enable_windlight=true
[XEngine] AllowLighrtShareFunctions=true

I am pretty sure i have the client set correctly because i have it ask me if i want to use windlight when i cross region boundaries to which i answer yes. (btw i am running  4 region diva with the contiguous region joins tuned off Opensim 0.7.2 Post_fixes and I am using Imprudence 1.3.2 (May 17 2011) ).

So it appears that imprudence and the server's database are communicating (at least on one direction) but it is not having an effect on what the ava is seeing.
Any ideas what i am missing.
Thanks